Interested in using the latest technologies?Curious to experience a managerless work environment?Enjoy working in a team where automated testing, continuous delivery, and functional programming are the starting point, not the goal?
Good, keep on reading!
About the job
Our Lisbon office is looking for a Backend Engineer to solve juicy digital challenges at scale, share expertise with others, and work closely with Reaktor communities in Amsterdam, Helsinki, NYC and Tokyo.
You will be working within an autonomous team in your day-to-day.
As a Backend Engineer you :
- Write software in TypeScript, Kotlin, or whatever else fits best
- Take care of both the technical and human side of projects
- Support our frontend developers from time to time
Salary range : 40.000 79.000 per year
Ideally you :
- Have 5+ years of professional development experience
- Know your way around relational databases such as Postgres
- Are familiar with Kafka or similar message queues
We offer everything youd expect of an international tech company : interesting projects, competitive salary and an opportunity to go on work stays to Reaktor offices around the globe.
But what really makes us different is our Nordic culture expect great attention to the work-life balance with a possibility to work flexible hours;
high levels of trust and autonomy; and a friendly team of interesting personalities willing to connect beyond work.
Here are our benefits in detail :
- Flexible working hours
- Work trips between EU offices
- Team activities and get-togethers
- Compensation of self-development activities (courses, conferences, certifications, etc.)
- Get paid to do Open Source work
- Company shares
- The latest computer and phone of your choice
- Extended health insurance
- Screens, keyboard, headphones
- An ergonomic home office if needed
- Healthy and not-so-healthy snacks and drinks at the office
- Travel expenses
- Phone subscription
- Home internet expenses coverage
- Company trips twice a year (when the pandemic situation permits)
If youre not based in Lisbon, no worries. Whats important is that youd be willing to come join us. To make sure were a home for top talent like you, we offer a nice relocation package, as well as all the help and advice you need in moving over.
Working in teams and helping clients is our bread and butter. Reaktors cross functional teams consist of Front-end Engineers, Backend / DevOps & SRE specialists, Designers, Data Scientists, and Coaches.
We unite our efforts to help future-thinking companies like adidas, Lego, HBO, Finavia, and FC Liverpool succeed in their world-scale digital endeavours everyday.
We are currently operating in a hybrid model. We believe in the benefits of having face-to-face time with the team in the office 2-3 times a week, and we also help you to set up an ergonomic workstation at home.
You can always take flexible time off as long as it works for the team and the client.
Come as you are
We are nowhere near the finish line but we are fully committed to taking the journey towards a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
We are looking to hire, train, compensate and promote people from all backgrounds and walks of life fairly and equally to build the digital future together.
You can take a look at Reaktors initiatives and actions here and check out Reaktorians thoughts on how the tech industry could be a better ally to women.
Sounds like you? We need to meet!
Well start with a brief video chat, just to say hi. Hi!
Then well get to know you a bit better. We call this the Attitude interview.
Next up is a technical interview. Tech interviews are cringy, we get it. We try our darndest to be as real world as possible.
No brain teasers, or sorting algos here!
Finally, the closing interview. Here we discuss practicalities and make you an offer we hope you cant refuse.
So, dear future colleague, we cant wait to hear from you! Apply below