Software Engineer - Multimedia SDK (Roku)
As Datadog’s first Multimedia SDK Engineer, you will collaborate with the product, backend, and frontend UI teams to build robust solutions and scale massively.
You will play an active role in building the library installed by our customers in their applications.
SDKs are difficult to ship the app environment is full of challenges and you will have to navigate them with creativity and confidence from past experience.
Our code is resident with our customer’s application code as well as other SDKs. In order to build trust with our customers, you will take part in building reliable, well architected, and isolated code that works all the time.
As our code will be in the public eye, and we are building code for other developers to use, it’s our responsibility to provide accurate documentation for how a developer should use our code.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table.
We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do :
- Build and maintain Datadog's Roku BrightScript framework SDK, used across the world by the users of our customers
- As the multimedia SDK will be open-source, you will review and sometimes be the primary author of documentation for the APIs and code that you produce
- Work closely with the backend and product teams to deliver the best-in-class multimedia RUM product
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices
Who You Are :
- You are completely familiar with Roku BrightScript for multimedia platforms, growing your knowledge of the Roku BrightScript framework, and knowledgeable on the specific security, performance, and isolation challenges that exist when working on multimedia devices.
- Experience developing commercially shipped SDKs is a plus
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that values diversity of talent, excellence of product, and exciting engineering opportunities at scale
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one.
That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth :
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities for internal mobility
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Free global mental health benefit through Spring Health
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog :
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Your Privacy :
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.