Software Engineer (DevOps; Sys Admin)
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models.
Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
What you will learn and contribute to
- Design, develop, test and deliver high quality software to improve the availability, scalability, latency and resiliency
- Embrace best engineering practices, focusing on Continuous Delivery
- Support and implement architectural and strategic decisions for a best-in-class software
- Pull tasks and competencies as you are a member of a self-organized team
- Show personal accountability to the team commitment and successful delivery
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Propose and implement innovations and improvement actions
- Close co-operation with domain experts, solution architects and delivery teams.
Who you are :
- You are an advocate of the SW craftsmanship, believe in agile & lean values and have the quality first mindset
- You are well-versed in engineering practices such as test-driven development, pair-programming and software refactoring
- You have a solid technical background in Software Engineering and keep updating your technical knowledge
- You are versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward
- You deliver a predictable output and keep your promises
- You know why and how to invest in automated testing and tooling for the continuous delivery
Your skills and experience
You have :
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Solid experience with continuous integration (CI / CD) tools.
- Solid UNIX / LINUX knowledge including shell scripting and administration.
- Administrate and configurate build pipelines and infrastructure.
- Monitor CI / CD pipelines and execute corrective actions if necessary and testing pipeline support
- Experience developing custom scripts and tools using Python, Bash or any other scripting language to improve usability of the CI / CD environment.
- Experience with automation frameworks, such as ansible, puppet, chef, nexus, artifactory.
- Familiar with Build Tools (Gradle, Maven, Ant)
- Proficient in Git, python and bash
- Experience using build and deployment-related toolsets (Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with agile development methodologies and scaled Agile Frameworks like Scrum and SAFe
It would be nice if you also had :
- Interest and contributions to the open-source community
- Experience with monitorization tools (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana)
- Experience with an Orchestration system, like Kubernetes and Helm charts
- Experience with source code revision tools (e.g. Github, Gerrit, GitLab)
- Experience building CI infrastructure leveraging cloud platforms like AWS
Soft skills :
- Effective and open communication
- Ability to work in a global team, good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Responsible, well organized, committed and result oriented
- Analytical thinking, creativity. Problem understanding and solving
- Dynamic, flexible and effective working style
- Self-learning and technology ambitious
- English Fluent written and spoken / conversational
- Agile thinking
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality :
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.