Senior Frontend Engineer (Leiria)
We’re looking for a talented Senior Web Frontend Engineer to join our growing team in Leiria!
As a Web Frontend engineer at Lovys, you'll be part of a team that creates and maintains experiences across our web frontend properties, including landing pages, subscription flows, web applications for our customers and partners, and our internal business and operations tools that manage our insurance products across Europe.
You'll have the opportunity to impact our core digital insurance business, as well as emerging products data / fraud prevention, and others.
The ideal candidate is someone who has the ability to think out of the box to improve our offering, with a hands-on mentality.
Someone who enjoys a challenge and thrives in a growing and fast-paced environment. Problem solving is a must as well as a builder mentality.
And most importantly, you are excited about re-imagining insurance at Lovys and building a long-lasting company.
What will you do?
- Create new solutions and components that are meant to answer a global scale
- Help developing a scalable and sustainable system throughout all our wb products.
- Contribute to the development of a Design System (with a npm library) using storybooks and Angular in order to create generic components.
- Contribute to the update and mature our teams software development process
js that are meant to scale to a global level
- Work within a team, collaborating with your colleagues (Product Owner, UX, Software Engineers) to ship impactful products
- Use experimentation and data analysis to tune your web applications to be high-performing, intuitive and functional
- Mentor, educate and support those around you, as well as other web engineers within the company
- 5+ years of full-time engineering experience
At the core of modern web applications at Lovys is Angular, a web framework for building high-quality sites and web applications.
You have experience and passion for building complex, performant, responsive, accessible and beautiful web experiences that are well-tested, documented and monitored.
- Strong understanding of web technology concepts : HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs, etc
- Strong understanding of information security concepts and concerns : such as CORS, CSP, CSRF, XSS, etc.
- Design and business acumen : You understand requirements, whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to delightful user experience.
You’re also comfortable driving development from a sketch to a polished product
- You are adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
- You are excited to learn from and teach others; you have experience in leading or managing teams
- Fluency in English is mandatory
We would also appreciate if
- You have experience with modern web tools (npm / Yarn, Babel, Browserify / Webpack / Rollup, etc.)
- Expert with CSS pre-processors such as SCSS, LESS
- Experience using unit testing development (Jest or Karma)
- Knowledge in ES6 and the latest ECMAScript features
- You are familiar with service-oriented architecture and distributed systems.
- You have Web / Visual Design, UI / UX, and other relevant HCI experience
- Previous experience with CMS (content-management-system)
- You have experience creating experimentation-heavy, content-driven websites whereas performance and usability matter most
- You have experience building large-scale, device-responsive websites that are long-lived and have an app-like feel
- Previous Experience with Azure DevOps
- Curious about new libraries and frameworks
- Passionate about clean and well-documented code
Lovys is a startup company set to reshape the insurance business. Our Engineering department is expanding so this is the perfect opportunity to join, bring your knowledge and build something awesome that will make you (us) proud.
- Work with people from more than 10 nationalities
- Work partially from home
- Creative and innovative environment
- Peer-to-peer training
- Opportunity to join to a great family
You don't like insurance?
That's good, neither do we, and that's why we created Lovys.
Lovys is the first all-in-one 100% digital insurance that drives :
- To create reliable protection - instead of disappointing insurance.
- To put an end to small asterisks and exceptions.
- To solve a problem in one click
For this reason, we are, of course, advocating the use of simple language. In concrete : we offer a monthly insurance subscription as an alternative to old contracts.
The difference? In addition to a 100% digital experience, the customer can change or cancel his subscription at any time, but also customize it according to his needs.
Lovys is a technology company for insurance, founded in 2017 in the heart of Paris, France. We are a team of over 10 nationalities, working from 5 countries.
We have recently fundraised a record amount of €17M in insurtech in France and are growing very fast - join this exciting journey!
For more information : https : / / www.lovys.com /