Business Analyst [Medior/Senior] Central-North Portugal, PT
We are looking for talented Business Analysts to join our award-winning team.
As a Business Analyst at DEUS, you will bring team members together to understand our clients’ business requirements, and support our interdisciplinary teams to translate requirements into viable, feasible and desirable solutions.
We’re looking for someone who is deeply inquisitive and loves to dive into our client’s business needs, data and technology context.
Someone who is a communicator and connector at heart, with a solid dose of analytical skills and technical aptitude.
There are potentially a number of positions available depending on the seniority of applicants.
Who are we?
We are the DEUS initiative, and we are all about exploring technology in the service of humanity. No, we are not calling ourselves gods(!), but our name is a reference to deus ex machina’ (or god from the machine in latin).
We believe that modern tools such as machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing will have a massive impact on the way we live, and we want to make sure that we create a positive impact on the world with these AI services.
As a happy coincidence, DEUS is also an acronym representing the 4 key disciplines we believe are important to building successful intelligent services : D ata / E ngineering / U ser-experience design / S trategy.
DEUS is a new initiative, but the founders have been working together very successfully for years, so there is a comfortable family feel to the company.
We have an amazing set of international client partnerships (and projects / challenges). Our headquarters is located on the most iconic canal of Amsterdam, the Keizersgracht.
We also have a team in Portugal that is based out of the beautiful city of Porto with an office close to the beach, and our Spanish team is based out of the charming center of A Coruña! When COVID permits, we will activate the hybrid office approach, where each team member can choose their work from home / work from the office balance, and we get to spend a bit more time on the social aspects of workshops, lunches, killer coffee, parties, sports etc etc. All the good stuff.
Who are you?
- You are a problem solver who is able to balance the needs and priorities of project stakeholders and teams.
- You bring clarity and structure to ambiguous business challenges.
- You are a connector who will go to great lengths to bring people together to address challenges and develop the best solutions.
- You communicate effectively (and pleasantly!) with team members and clients from various backgrounds and communication styles.
- You are used to working with product managers and IT stakeholders to gather requirements and use cases.
- You can understand user journeys and disseminate problem statements into solutions.
- You are the master designing Scope Management plans.
- You have experience working in a Scrum agile team set-up.
- You are familiar with Agile methodology and raising user stories in DevOps where required
- You love researching, synthesising and validating solutions to effectively address the client’s business needs.
- You can capture business challenges into functional and non-functional requirements and write clear user stories.
- You take initiative to set up and lead stakeholder engagement activities, such as facilitating workshops and requirement gathering sessions.
- You don’t back away from understanding new technology / data platforms (bonus points for hands-on experience!)
Bonus points :
- You have experience in a Product Owner role
- You have experience working on back-end and / or data platforms.
- Previous experience in the energy industry
Some of the tasks you might be doing in this role :
- Collaborate with our engineers, designers and data scientists in an agile team set up across our (hybrid) offices.
- Work closely with our business stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of their needs and challenges.
- Write, refine and prioritise user stories, capturing technical details and acceptance criteria for our engineers, whilst providing a clear understanding to our clients.
- Conduct research and communicate findings to project stakeholders.
- Determine blockers and coordinate sprint plans with our Engineering leads.
- and some more points :
- Excellent written and verbal English is the only core requirement, but Dutch and any other languages are always a bonus
- We will provide top hardware macbook pro etc and the latest software we use the right tools for the job.
- note : If you don’t feel that you perfectly fit the description above, but you have some other background or skill set that you think could be of interest, please still get in touch!
We are dedicated to making a friendly and inclusive workplace. To put it bluntly, there is an unwritten no assholes’ policy that applies to both ourselves and our clients, as we always want to enjoy our team dynamic.
In normal’ times, we do trips, conferences and events together on a regular basis, and we are always committed to cultivating a company that celebrates differences.
This has obviously been challenging over the last year but we have embraced the change and found ways to keep the team dynamic strong.
We fundamentally believe in flexibility, and you will be given a lot of freedom while translating complicated problems into easy-to-use products.
This means managing your own priorities, trying out new things and working a flexible hours’ scheme.