Accounting Officer - French Fluent
About the job
- The Accounting Officer for Real Estate position is part of the Group Strategic Sourcing Services Cost Accounting Operations department, and is in charge of the vendors accounting treatment and related processes, within the BNPP Group
- As member of the Cost Accounting Operations team, depending on your expertise your main activities will be some of the following : performing closing bookings (Accruals and corrections, registering general accounting bookings (VAT, provisions, fixed assets, among others) and perform analysis on the open items pending in the accounts
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure the booking of invoices in SAP RE-FX accounting module
- Classify the invoices by register : General Ledger Account, VAT rate, Cost Center, Purchase Order
- Perform fixed assets bookings, in different asset types such as buildings, properties or assets under construction by using asset classes
- Prepare the related reporting
- Prepare VAT and other tax reporting and controls
- Analyse Vendor and Client accounts, tax codes, line item, open item, and reconciliation accounts
Profile and Skills to Success
- University degree, or equivalent by experience, in Accounting / Economics / Business Management / Finance or other related field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in accounting or in a similar role is mandatory
- Strong SAP RE-FX and ICO key user experience as accounts payable with advanced knowledge of P2P and accounts receivable is a strong plus
- Strong experience in Real estate
- Strong knowledge of VAT
- Knowledge of IFRS16
- Office tools Suite (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Experience in use of Office applications and ERP system application (SAP / Oracle preferred)
- The ability to work quickly with excellent attention to detail
- Fluency in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate) and French is mandatory
Why joining BNP Paribas?
Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history.
It has a presence in 65 countries, with around Employees including more than in Europe.
Our presence in Portugal
Since , BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7. employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success.
BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions :
- Retail Banking , a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
- Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity / paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity.
We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Commitment towards work / life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally.
Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment.
To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
- Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
- In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.