Wind, it means the world to us. What does it mean for you?
Power Solutions >
Quality Improvements and Processes >
Product Data Management
We are looking for a Configuration Lead to coordinate our Global Bill of Material (BoM), securing the availability and quality of master data on design items and documentation as foundation for our production.
As Configuration Lead you will be engaged from the start of a Platform development project, throughout release of new products in production and its lifecycle.
You will be working across the Value chain in our global organization and be a key person between development and manufacturing securing all changes to configuration items are planned, controlled and tracked.
Further you will be supporting in completing flawlessly towards product ramp-ups and running production.
Your responsibilities will cover :
- Ensure report out on high Level ECM representing the department responsibility for the full portfolio
- Deliver Risk assessment (High Level ECM)
- Initiate and prioritize improvement initiatives for higher progress & performance on platforms projects (ECM) and ensure alignments between platforms
- Establishment of Configuration Management Plans (CMP) in alignment with the module owners capturing targets for a continues maturity within the 5 configuration management diciplins and responsible for reporting on progress
- Ensuring all changes to configuration items for the global BoMs are planned, controlled and tracked to support in completing flawlessly towards product ramp-ups
- Provide implementation plan for all design changes approved for implementation and provide advice on optimal change implementation strategy in full value chain (seen from configuration management perspective)
- Provide overview of the portfolio of changes for the receiving factory / segment as handover to value chain
- Minimum 5-7 years experience within master data management or project management
- Good foundation on overall Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) or directly related disciplines
- Significant knowledge of PLM, MES, ERP systems
- Fluent in English and able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- You have a good understanding of standard project execution models incl. SCRUM, TOGAF and stage gate
- Project manager skills in terms of reporting and presenting progress / status reports for a broader audience
- You work methodically without losing sight of the bigger picture
- You have the ability to develop tools, processes and procedures
- You are encouraged by being Subject Matter of Expert within own area of expertise and feel motivated global knowledge sharing across business
- You have detailed understanding of how product configuration and changes impact the value chain in a company
- You can keep the overview in a time-sensitive situation and have a pragmatic approach
- You are committed and flexible with the ability to decide and complete freely
- You are capable of considering the entire value chain in tool and product development
- You know how to handle stakeholders efficiently by building and maintaining relations
What we offer
To be part of a highly professional team and the opportunity to work in a global setup, collaborating with stakeholders across the entire Vestas Value Chain.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us.
With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal : to power the solution today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives.
We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.
We also encourage you to join our to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.