Technical Consulting Engineer- Next Generation Firewall.
What You’ll Do :
In this role You will :
- Be a trusted technical authority to global Cisco customers and partners.
- Work with customers via collaboration tools to solve highly complex technical issues.
- Engage in cross technology collaborations to help solve issues in heterogeneous network environments.
- Contribute to knowledge base and troubleshooting guides. Train junior engineers and work as a team.
- Be the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest technologies in the field of networking security.
- Collaborate with engineering team to improve product quality by identifying and submitting software defects.
- Recreate customers technical problems in internal state-of-the-art Cisco lab.
Who You Are :
We would like You to have :
- Minimum 2 years of related experience involving customer support element in Security technologies.
- CCNA level knowledge or equivalent (Cert not required).
- Solid knowledge of networking fundamentals : TCP / IP stack, Routing / Switching, SSL / TLS, common Application Layer protocols.
- Evidence of troubleshooting skills. (
- Foundation of Linux / UNIX command line tools / environment.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
We'll be very impressed if you can also show one of these :
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the network security technologies : Cybersecurity, Firewall, VPN, IPS.
- Capture analysis (Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.).
- Advanced Linux skills, Windows troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in cloud providers : Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and DevOps.
- Scripting languages (Python, Golang, etc.).
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting Cisco security products.
- Relevant industry certification.
- Presentation and training skills.
- Writing technical documentation skills.
Development opportunities :
- Grow your technical and soft skills.
- Ability to present in seminars and conferences such as Cisco Live and partner meetings.
- Support in pursuing Cisco certifications.
- Contribute to Cisco intellectual capital (Automation projects, Hackathons, etc.).
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Becoming Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Giving back to local and global community (charity events).