Value Stream Manager
TE Connectivity's Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short / long-term planning for the groups they manage.
They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping / receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
Job Responsibilities & Qualifications
Ensures that operation budgets are established by value stream departments, changing amounts if necessary and submitting them for approval.
Maintains conformance to budgetary limitations in value stream production departments
- Is responsible to ensure that production is properly scheduled and allocated and that personnel, equipment and materials are adequate to meet budget, schedule and delivery dates
- Manage the team by objectives based on strong KPIs setting and drives down TEOA mindset to the complete value stream in order to bring plant to the next level
- Preparing an ideal state map showing what the value stream could look like in the long term
- Preparing a future state map that uses lean techniques to eliminate waste and improve process value in the short to mid-term
- Maintains and develops quality policies to ensure customer satisfaction in order to drive the continues reduction of PPM and COPQ
- Provides strong leadership to Value Stream Department Managers in order to ensure benchmark performance
- Directs through supervision, the activities of all personnel, establishes overall objectives so that schedules can be met and harmonized through proper coordination of various functions under his / her competence
- Selects, trains and develops associates for key positions. Insures that supervisors know their scope of responsibilities and delegates authority for adequate responsibilities.
- Establish standards of performance for employees supervised in line with company practices and professional standards.
Insure that plant safety rules are followed
- Determines the organizational structure and continues to develop the organizational structure
- Implements effective communication techniques to keep associates informed on quality, production, profitability, safety and environmental and personal development goals
- B.S. or Master degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or related field
- Min. 5+ years’ experience in leading positions in industrial production environment
- Strong strategical and tactical thinking and problem solving attitude
- Excellent team builder, with great leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to form successful working relationships through all levels incl. Workers council
- Demonstrated ability to motivate all levels of the organization
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced, international matrix organization
- Fast learner, able to quickly familiarize her / himself with existing methods and practices and new concepts / ideas
- Proven accomplishments utilizing Operations and Supply Chain Management and Lean tools / methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma) is an advantage
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Building Effective TeamsManaging and Measuring WorkMotivating OthersValues : Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, InnovationSET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)