Senior DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Basecone , a Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting Europe company, is a vibrant and dynamic place to work.
We push boundaries and challenge each other every day. We collaborate across disciplines, trying to achieve that common goal : to develop, launch and maintain state-of-the-art Solutions.
Solutions that effectively address real business problems and provide the best customer experience out there. Solutions that you and your team can be proud of at the end of the day.
At Basecone we believe our people are the heart and soul of our company. We value everyone’s input and believe in a commonly agreed commitment.
We offer a no-nonsense environment, in which professionalism, fun and open communication are key elements.
About the role :
- As a team member, the Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for ensuring the infrastructure is secure and robust, able to scale automatically with the growth of the user load, and with the correct costs.
- The Senior DevOps will execute all the tasks to ensure all development teams are able to handle the infrastructure deployment, configuration and monitoring for Basecone.
- Under moderate supervision, he / she will design, provision, test, debugs and implements moderately complex cloud resources and service components, software tools, and utilities required for the operation, maintenance, and control of cloud ecosystems.
- Makes moderately complex modifications to existing cloud infrastructure to fit specialized needs and configurations and maintains cloud resources and technical documentation.
- Assists in planning, scheduling and implementation.
- Initiates corrective action to stay on schedule.
- We use state-of-the-art technologies and tools like New Relic for monitoring, Octopus Deploy for deployment, GitHub for code repository and many others!
- The Senior DevOps Engineer, within the SRE team, will need to have proficiency and proven experience with the following technologies :
- AWS infrastructure
- Kubernetes and containers
- Serverless architectures
- Net Core
- Windows and Linux based OS administration
- Relational and non-relational databases, at least one SQL-like platform
- Phyton (nice to have)
- Web-based solutions
- Build and test pipelines (yaml based)
- CDK or terraform
Also, he / she should be experienced with the following processes :
- CI / CD
- Observability / Monitoring / APM
- Security and threat modeling (nice to have)
- Infrastructure design / architecture
And also the following tools or equivalents :
- Octopus Deploy
- Azure DevOps
- The Atlassian suite (Jira, confluence, status page, ops genie)
What we offer :
- Work with a perfect knowledge-balanced team, across The Netherlands and Portugal.
- Experience working for an international company, with a strong focus on the actual IT working methodologies and mentality.
- A long-term contract in a well-established, reputable and prosperous company.