Virtual Solutions Engineer
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal : to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies.
Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request.
As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that.
We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Our Virtual Solutions Engineers come from a wide range of backgrounds. We're serious about building a diverse team. When hiring we look for diversity of experience combined with genuine curiosity for our technology and ambition to be as diligent and helpful as possible in supporting our Solutions Engineering team achieve their goals.
Ultimately, you are passionate about people, well organised, enjoy researching, have an appreciation of web performance / security technology and its importance in today's world.
You are naturally curious, and an avid builder who is not afraid to get your hands dirty. You appreciate the diversity of challenges in working with your peers, and look forward to the prospect of enabling the team to help our customers realise the full promise of Cloudflare.
On the Solutions Engineering team, you will find a collaborative environment where everyone brings different strengths and jumps in to help each other.
What you’ll do
We are looking for curious and ambitious individuals who want to combine their organisational, data-driven research and communication skills with their desire to help customers achieve their goals.
Connecting with stakeholders within Cloudflare and utilising a variety of tools, your role will be to support the Sales and Solution Engineering teams throughout the sales process by :
- Supporting the Solutions Engineering team with documentation preparation;
- Retrieving and preparing materials for presentation to customers;
- Performing research and analysis on customer product usage;
- Supporting RFP completion;
- Implementation of trials and proof of concepts for prospective customers.
- Responding to support requests from the Solutions Engineering team in a timely manner.
Experience might include a combination of the skills below :
- Ability to manage a project, work to deadlines, and prioritize between competing demands.
- Researching and deep-dives into new technologies.
- Understanding of how the internet works . For example :
- High-level knowledge of DNS, SSL / TLS, IP routing,
- Web performance and security offerings of different vendors in the market.
- Previous experience in a customer facing consultative or support role.
- Knowledge of specific security products such as Bot Management and Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
- Awareness of the Zero Trust security model architecture.
- Worked JIRA or other support desk tools in the past.