Engineering Lead - Test Automation
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers.
This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We are FARFETCH for All.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it.
We're empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Portugal offices are located in four of the country's most vibrant cities - Braga, Guimarães, Lisbon and Porto, known for their rich historical background and warm atmosphere.
The teams working in Portugal cover all areas of FARFETCH, from Digital Production to Operations, People and Technology.
In our Guimarães and Porto offices you can experience the latest fashion trends in our European Production sites, and in our Braga, Porto and Lisbon offices you can immerse yourself in the tech world!
We are looking for a person who will be the Team lead of a Test Automation team. This team maintains and evolves the Test Automation Framework and tools.
You will oversee the team's backlog with the objective of improving the test framework and supporting new features or testing contexts.
You will also promote good practices to facilitate automation and system testability, advocate test automation and CI / CD principles and be a major contributor to change mentalities and demonstrate Test Automation value and needs.
You will report to the Engineering Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a Test Automation team responsible for providing the right tools for test automation;
- Support development teams creating their own automated tests as opposed to creating them yourself;
- Manage Test Automation team backlog;
- Maintain and evolve the framework structure;
- Implement UI (Web / Mobile) and API tests;
- Create automation features to help teams increase their product quality and decrease time to market;
- Work within an Agile Team;
- Coach activities on test automation best practices;
- Spread test automation mindset, showing its value and needs;
- Contribute to Farfetch quality and test automation vision and community.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced in leading a test automation team;
- Experienced in UI and / or API automated tests;
- Knowledgeable of programming languages and version control systems like GitLab;
- Someone with Continuous Integration / Delivery mindset;
- Experienced working in Agile Environments and in creating, supporting and evolving a Test Automation framework;
- Influent and able to spread automation best practices;
- Proficient in written and spoken English;
- Experienced in Robot Framework and Python is valued.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process.
We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply